Welcome to www.francobritishdatasociety.org/ website.
Cookies are small text files placed on your device when you visit our site and are used to make the user experience more efficient.
The law states that we may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third-party services that appear on our pages.
You can find out more about cookies and their function by consulting an information site such as allaboutcookies.org.
You can change or withdraw your consent at any time by consulting the cookie statement on our website. To find out more about who we are, how you can contact us and how we process personal data, visit our page dedicated to the processing of personal data. Please include the identifier and date of your consent when contacting us about this.
- We will retain your data for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us).
- We will only retain data for as long as your account is active or as long as is necessary to provide services to you.
- We will retain your data for as long as necessary to comply with our overall legal and contractual obligations.
'Session' and 'Persistent' cookies
Session cookies” allow us to track your actions during a single browsing session, but they do not remain on your device afterwards.
Persistent cookies” remain on your device between sessions. We use them to authenticate you and to remember your preferences. We may also use them to balance the load on our servers and improve your experience on our site.
All our cookies are categorised by the role they perform on our website:Session cookies and persistent cookies may be first-party or third-party cookies. A first-party cookie is defined by the website visited; a third-party cookie is defined by a different website. Both types of cookies may be used by us or by our business partners.
The cookies we use come from third party companies such as Google Analytics (Google Inc), YouTube or Font Awesome.
To deactivate Google Analytics measurements for all sites, even those whose source code we do not control, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Types of cookies we use
- Necessary: these cookies are essential to enable you to move around our website and use features such as secure services. Without these cookies, these services could not be provided;
- Functional: they enable the website to remember your choices and personalise certain features. These cookies may be anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites;
- Analytical: they collect information about how users use the website. These cookies do not collect information that can identify a visitor. The information collected is aggregated and used to improve our website;
- Performance: these are used to understand and analyse key website performance indicators, enabling us to offer visitors a better user experience;
- Advertising: used to provide visitors with personalised advertising based on the pages you have previously visited and to analyse the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. None of the cookies we use directly are classified as advertising or behavioural targeting, but some of our partners may use them, in particular YouTube or Google;
- Unclassified: other unclassified cookies are those that are being analysed and have not yet been classified in a category.
Managing cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the button above. This will allow you to return to the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent immediately.
In addition, browsers offer different methods for blocking and deleting the cookies used by websites. You can change your browser settings to block/delete cookies. Below are links to support documents for managing and deleting cookies for the main web browsers.