Purpose and role of the society
The Franco British Data Society is a company limited by guarantee (which intends to apply for educational charitable status) and a networking platform. It welcomes a broad mix of entrepreneurs, experts, and practitioners in data – whether working in the public or private sectors – to discuss from a Franco-British and European perspective: policy, governance, digital transformation, artificial intelligence, data science, education, data security, ethics, and regulation.
To this end we intend to:
– promote cooperation and understanding of data issues between France and the United Kingdom,
– enable cross fertilisation,
– address the concerns and challenges of all data professionals,
– provide opportunities for our members to discuss policy, governance, and technical issues.– reflect our members’ needs and interests, and enable them to network,
– promote and enhance employment opportunities.
Our Society particularly seeks to connect with the young, fostering skill sustainability and social responsibility and helping them in their subject choices and career opportunities.