“Is AI a threat to human existence?”: Webinar co-organised by Natixis CIB Research and the Franco-British Data Society – 21 November 2023 at 09am to 10am (London Time)
- Dr Benjamin Guedj, Research Scientist in machine learning and AI at Inria and UCL, Chevalier de l’Ordre des Palmes Académiques, and Director of the FBDS
- Stuart Armstrong, Co-founder and CTO of Aligned AI
- Renaud Di Francesco, Director Europe Technology Standards Office, Sony Europe BV
Eric Benoist, Tech & Data thematic Research at Natixis moderated the debate.
Discussion at the French Embassy on “AI and Fashion” followed by the celebration of the Launch of the Franco-British Data Society – 04 October 2023
Reception co-organised by the French Embassy, Irwin Mitchell and the board of the FBDS
- Dgena Mouclier, Fashion Designer Upcycling Couture
- Elisabeth May, Head Counsel (IP) at Richemont
- James Walters co-founder and CEO of Avumi
Catherine Palmer chaired the seminar, which aimed to investigate the potential impact of AI on the creative process and explore the ways in which AI could influence it.
“New Energy – Digitisation of Nuclear” – 30 May 2023
Webinar co-organised with Dassault Systèmes, and with the support of the French Embassy
- Mel Temple, 3DS Strategic Delivery Director at Infrastructure, Energy & Materials Industries, Dassault Systèmes
- Paul Williamson, Business Consultant, Dassault Systèmes
- Richard J Jones, Head of Nuclear R&D, EDF UK
- John Wolstenholme, Principal Inspector for nuclear safety at Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR)
Speakers reflected on how digitisation and virtual twins can support the transition to sustainable energy.
“AI and Financial Regulation” – Webinar 23 November 2023
- Emmanuelle Legrand, Magistrate détachée – AI Project Manager for the Economy and Finance Ministry of France;
- Jason Bradley, Project Director and Chair Technology & Digital Steering Group at Financial Reporting Council;
- Julien Molez, Group Innovation Data & AI Leader;
- Graham Thomson, Chief Information Security Officer at Irwin Mitchell;
The speakers debated subjects such as the opportunities and challenges from the use of AI and data analytics in regulated environments.
The event was chaired by Michael Butcher, President of the Franco-British Data Society.
“AI and Justice” – Webinar organised by the Franco-British Data Society and the French Ministry of Justice – 09 March 2022
Chair: Michael Butcher, President of the Franco-British Data Society
Rapporteur: Estelle Cros-Jean, French Liaison Judge at the French Embassy
- Matthieu Lucchesi, Counsel at Gide Loyrette Nouel AARPI
- Estelle Jond-Necand, Judge at the Cour de Cassation, Head of the Open Data project
- Natalie Byrom, Director of Research at The Legal Education Foundation and founder and Director of the Justice Lab Initiative
- Andrew Dunkley, Technology Solutions Lead at Herbert Smith Freehills
“Covid & AI: Unexpected challenges and solutions”: Webinar co-organised by the French Embassy, the Franco-British Data Society and the Inria London Programme – 21 May 2021
- Benjamin Guedj, Research Scientist at Inria, France; Principal Research Fellow, University College London, UK; Scientific Director of The Inria London Programme;
- Geraint Rees, Dean of the UCL Faculty of Life Sciences, UCL Pro-Vice-Provost (AI), Professor of Cognitive Neurology at University College London and Director of UCL Business;
- Emilie Chouzenoux, Research Scientist at Inria;
- Hugues Berry, Inria’s deputy scientific director for the fields digital biology and digital health.
Mihaela van der Schaar, John Humphrey Plummer Professor of Machine Learning, AI, and Medicine, University of Cambridge; Director, Cambridge Centre for AI in Medicine;
Dominic Cushnan, Head of AI Imaging at NHS X.
“AI and Finance” – Webinar 26 January 2021
- Guillaume de Pommereau, former CFO at Hitachi Europe – (Experience as International CFO international CFO across multiple sectors including healthcare, IT, telecommunications and consumer goods);
- Didier Hirsch, Managing Director, FRTB Correspondent, Equity Department – Natixis CIB;
- Edward Peek, People data and analytics consultant at AXA XL, a division of AXA;
- Christophe Le Lannou, Founder & CEO at dataLearning.
“The robustness of the supply chain within the covid-19 crisis and beyond” – Webinar 02 July 2020
- Mat Oram, CEO and co-founder of AdviseInc, a HealthTech business helping healthcare make sense of their spend data;
- Richard Hogg, Managing Director of Unsworth, one of the leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions providers in the UK;
- Thomas Isnard, Fondateur Dirigeant at Appolo Plus.
“AI and Healthcare: Challenges, fallouts and breakthrough” – hosted by Herbert Smith Freehills 03 March 2020
- Sarah Ouanhon, Consulting Manager at GE Healthcare Partners with an extensive experience on using IT and Analytics to improve care delivery including major programmes in Telemedicine, Healthcare Command Centres, and Workforce and Capacity modelling;
- Catherine Davies, Managing Partner at Monticle LTD, helps health companies partner with the NHS in order to provide high quality care for everyone who needs it;
- Mindy Daeschner, entrepreneur and expert in the field of healthcare and technology. She draws on a 20-year background of management consultancy, for some of the world’s leading global organisations;
- Chloe Kite, Associate at Herbert Smith Freehills;
- Dr Michelle Tempest, Partner at healthcare management consultancy Candesic and Author of “Big Brain Revolution : Artificial Intelligence Spy or Saviour?”
“How businesses can use personal data in practice: Ethics, the GDPR and beyond” – hosted by UCL 27 March 2019
- John Hield, Data Protection & Information Governance Leader at Veolia UK & Ireland;
- Joshua Bower-Saul, CEO at Cybertonica Ltd;
- Edward du Boulay, Senior Associate at Herbert Smith Freehills (Commercial, Technology and Data);
- Thamin Ahmed, UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies.