FRANCO-BRITISH DATA SOCIETY
Purpose of the society
Created in September 2018, the Franco-British Data Society (FBDS) is a networking platform that gathers a group of experts in data coming from different backgrounds.
Our members are data science students and professors, AI scientists, analytics experts, lawyers, entrepreneurs, or start-ups, banking and government representatives.
All share common concerns and face similar challenges in data management, governance, security or ethics.
Role of the society
Through macro and micro events, the society aims to:
- discuss policy, governance and technical issues such as ethics, regulation, education, digital transformation, data science and data security from a Franco-British and European perspective;
- promote cooperation and understanding of data issues between France and the United Kingdom;
- enable cross fertilisation;
- address the concerns and challenges of all data professionals;
- provide opportunities for our members to discuss policy, governance and technical issues;
- reflect our members’ needs and interests and enable them to network
- promote and enhance employment opportunities.