The personal data we may collect
Personal data, or personal information, refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data about you. This includes information about how you use our Website and Services.
- Identity data includes your first name, last name, user name or similar identifier. When you send an e-mail, telephone, chat or otherwise, we may collect information such as your first name, last name, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Technical data includes Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login details, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technologies on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile data includes your user name and password, preferences, comments and survey responses.
- Contact data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes payment details and other details of our Services that you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and Communication Data includes your preferences for receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Interaction data includes any information you may provide to any discussion forum on the Website.
- Cookie data is used to improve your experience and to collect information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to our Cookies Policy page for information on cookies and how we use them.
- Third parties and information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you through the Services we provide. If we do so, we will have informed you at the time we collect this data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our Website. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, suppliers, contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for all purposes. Aggregate data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law because it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the website. However, if we combine or connect the aggregated data with your personal data in such a way that it can identify you directly or indirectly, we treat the combined data as personal data.
Protection of your personal data
We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Access to your personal data
Only certain members of our team have access to personal data. This information is strictly reserved for the use of our company and will under no circumstances be sold or communicated to third parties, except in the following cases:
- For Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal data if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if it is necessary to protect the property, safety or rights of others.
- With Partners: In some cases, we may share your personal data with business partners where this is necessary to respond to your requests or to improve our services. These partners are subject to strict confidentiality agreements.
- With sub-contractors: We may share your personal data with sub-contractors or third party service providers who help us provide our services. These sub-contractors are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and to use it only for the purposes of providing their services
We may change these companies, so we expect you to check this page from time to time.
Use of Personal Data
We use the personal data you provide to respond to your requests, send you information about our services and inform you of relevant updates.
We use the data collected via cookies to improve your browsing experience on our website and to analyse usage trends.
- You have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, such as our financial payments, unless those interests override the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Transfer of personal data outside the EU
Your personal data may be transferred securely to the United Kingdom, where some of our employees are based and where the levels of protection are recognised as adequate by the European Union.
How can you exercise your rights regarding your personal data?
- Right of access: request communication of the personal information we hold about you;
- Right of rectification: request the modification, updating or deletion of certain personal data collected;
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): request the erasure of personal data that we have collected about you;
- Right to restrict processing: request that we no longer use your personal data, which may then only be stored;
- Right to data portability: request that your data be retrieved in a structured format for transmission to another data controller:
- Right not to be the subject of an automated individual decision (including profiling).
To exercise your rights in relation to the processing of personal data that we manage, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the nature of your request among the rights listed above.
When you fill in a form on our website, the personal data you send us is used solely to process your request: request for membership, contact request, etc.
The data collected via the contact form is only used to process your request and is based on the legitimate interests of the data controller.
Subscribing to our newsletter will enable you to receive relevant information about our business, our products, our services and our market. Each newsletter will offer you the possibility of unsubscribing simply and immediately.
Subscription to our newsletter is subject to a positive act of registration.
The cookies collected following your consent enable us to monitor the performance of our website and offer you the best possible experience. Cookies are subject to prior authorisation via a positive act.
To find out more about our policy on cookies, visit our page dedicated to cookies.
Embedded content from other sites
The content of this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Content integrated from other sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor were visiting that other site.
How long your data is stored
We will retain personal data for as long as necessary, which will generally be for the duration of our relationship and up to five years after the end of our relationship. However, we may be required to retain personal data for a longer period to ensure that we comply with our legislative and regulatory requirements. We review our data retention obligations to ensure that we do not retain data for longer than we are legally required to.
Personal data collected via forms is not retained beyond what is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Cookies are kept for a period of 13 months for audience measurement, advertising and remarketing cookies.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are kept indefinitely. This makes it possible to automatically recognise and approve subsequent comments instead of leaving them in the moderation queue.
For accounts that register on our site (where applicable), we also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All accounts can view, change or delete their personal information at any time (with the exception of their username). Site managers can also view and modify this information.
Last update: 1 October 2023
This Confidentiality and Privacy Protection Policy may be modified from time to time and your continued use of the Website or Services shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such modifications. Please consult it regularly for updates.